[OT] What's it worth? '83 Audi Urq

  >   I'm banking on the fact that he doesn't know what he has, and
  > maybe I could get it cheap.

  The fact that it's been his for eight years, in a barn, means he knows what he has.
  Terminal sill rust means a LOT of work for anyone attempting a resoration of any type.

  > '81 Roc:  Rusty as all hell, fenders are mostly gone, jack goes through
  > both jacking points, and the rear swingarm attaching points are almost
  > toast.  Currently has a seized caliper and a few electic glitches, but
  > it runs like a top, but by all rights should be junk-yard bound.

  That much rust means its a parts car, not much more.  I wouldn't take a chance on driving it.

  Heck, buy 'em all....the minivan included.  :)

  larry
  sandiego16v