16V auto passat TB - nipple for butterfly bypass?

On 8/15/06, Timbo <timjmcconnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> I made my car idle with the passat auto TB by adding a scew and a nut
> at the stop position of the Throttle plate. This lets me adjust the
> closed position of the plate. It's adjustable, VERY simple, and no
> vacuum weird crap to leak ever!!

I did this on my last ABA swap, but the problem with doing this is
that the idle switch isn't engaged when the throttle is closed...

> Also - you know that the WOT and idle switches are on the pigtail
> coming from the TPS, and not on the TPS, right?

Yup, verified working with a continuity test.  The only reason I used
this throttle body is that I needed to get this engine together and in
the car quickly, with as little cash as possible.  The only TB I had
that actually had working "switches" was this one...   I may be able
to pillage an Audi or later VW TB tomorrow at my friend's shop when I
get the car safetied...

Later,

Mark.