Rear Calipers - What to do?

On 9:51 am 08/15/06 "Kevin Brosha" <kjbrosha@gmail.com> wrote:

> >  I'd posted about this problem awhile back, never really resolved
> >  it, haven't been driving the car as a result.  Someone had asked
> >  in that thread whether the tach dropped to zero when it lost spark
> >  - answer is yes, which I didn't know at the time.

Gotcha! :)

> I'll
> find out soon whether it's still cutting out, then I'll check on the
> coil.

Hey, you may just have fixed it then! Think positive.. (that can be taken
as either a bad electrical joke, or as "I'm positive this car is still
gonna die")

Forgive my ignorance - what's a CTC battery and
> what's a redtop?  Both my dead batteries came from Walmart.

Oh, no need for forgiveness, my bad... CTC = Canadian Tire Corporation.
Redtop is a type of Optima (which is a brand name), they're more money, the
stereo crowd likes the yellow top, but the red one's got the cranking amps
for starting.

> Dan - I'm sure I've ordered from one of those shops before, but the
> recommendation is still good.

Yeah, and beware of brokerage fees if they ship UPS. I got zapped with an
additional $45 the last time I had a parcel shipped across the border UPS.
And I do mean the LAST time I'll ever do that. :)  But Potter and
Adirindack are awesome sources for parts.
Cathy