Dyno tuning

Dan Bubb wrote:

> What's next? Mike's engine apparently isn't very detonation resistant. Gotta
> get around that and run some more boost.
>
> One of these days I'll have more power than my nephew! :^(
>
> Dan

Time for some Evans coolant?  :-)

I remember sometime back I promised to do some research on Evans for
you, and I obviously fell through.  This is one of -their- key claims
though, that it helps do away with nucleate boiling.  On an otherwise
stock JH engine, I can run 56 degrees of total advance without ping.
I've rattled on and on about how much I like the stuff, but I don't have
the dyno sheets to prove my claims.  I hope you will look into this a
little further though, I know that if you do you will measure the
improvements to make it more plain for some of the others here on the
list.  I would do it, but I am not up to the task at the moment, -way-
too much going on right now...

David