3 shift linkage upgrades, my installation/driving impressions (long)

On 12:36 pm 08/09/06 Ben <vwtype53@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This sounds great Cathy... I've been wanting to upgrade the shift
> linkage in my Mk1 again and could use some advice.  Sounds like the
> 'Scott Rose' setup was the best... maybe Scott could tell us some
> more about this setup... I recall hearing about it, but never heard the
> details.
>
> You might have to take some pictures for us... or better yet I'll
> just crawl under your car in a few weeks at track day north.  ;)
>
> Thanks for your report!
>
> Ben

Yeah, I still need to do a bit of adjusting on the 16V, but it's by far the
firmest linkage. I'm sure you can fab your own once you see it. I'd like to
do just a front link for the Cabby at some point too.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the manual you can download from the
4crawler/missing linkz site has good descriptions for adjusting the linkage
and firming up other sloppy areas, I'm sure it would apply to any
adjustable setup.

Cathy