I am freaking out: Mis-adventures with Rodolfo

Oh Good you gona be there??? are you driving red 5?????? DO you want me to bring your wheel?

Mike Smith <smithma7@gmail.com> wrote:  T, Glad you made it out of the tunnel OK. I was very happy that mine
did not give up the ghost until after I had exited the tunnel. Have
never broken down in one and hope I never do.

See ya this weekend!

On 8/9/06, Neptuno wrote:
> Ok so possibly one of the worst things happened to me about 30 minutes ago.....I don't know how many of you have gotten stuck in a Tunnel, well yes now I have the dubious distinction to be one of "those" people.
>
> I was cruising at 60mph in the I - 895 tunnel in Baltimore when Rodolfo figures that it is the proper time to quit on me. My Dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree and I try downshifting it to pop it back in motion. Momentum carrier me cruelly enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel. To say the least I am freaking out cause there is a huge dump truck behind me and everyone is racing by like Talladega.
>
> Man, I can only say that I about shit a brick on this one. People Honking at me like that was going to help me start the car. In any case It has been HOT as piss as of lately in the east coast and I am driving the car a lot. After parking it it has not been wanting to start. I figure it is an electrical gremlins the same one that used to cause the heat soak on the automatic starter. I know that there is something up with the fuse box as before.
>
> After the port authority police pulled up behind me I told them that I need it to get out of the car, because I know a wire had to be off. Sure enough I place my hand on the fuse box giggled it a bit and turned the flashers off, at which point the engined cranked and I was on my way.....
>
> All of this took maybe 10 minutes, but I have to say that it may have as well been an eternity.
>
> EL tony

Mike
'86 red 16v: Red 5 (aka der Jahrtausendfeierfalke)
"The world is my oyster soup kitchen floor wax museum." - King Crimson