98 Jetta wiring diagrams needed (for a scirocco!)

Fellow listers,

Frankenrocco (mk1 marks silver rocco) has developed some starting troubles.  I've eliminated the obvious symptoms, and I need to
figure out why on earth the signal goes to/from the engine bay before hitting the starter relay, and then back to the bay for the
starter...

Anyhow, anyone got schematics handy?  It's the 98 Jetta 8v (including the entire wiring harness, fuse panel, etc), so all of those
schematics apply.

TIA
Al