Shine rear swaybar dimension & metallurgical advice needed + (ATTN: Ron P.

On 8/8/06, Brian Haygood <haygood@myway.com> wrote:

> Wow, you should really warn the southerners before you post pictures with that much rust :P  Remind me to rag on Ben for not painting the bar.
>

> How did it get bent?  Was that a jack related incident or did it suffer some permanent deformation in use?  Has anyone bothered to check how far the bars we are concoccting can twist elastically?

After feedback here, and speaking with an engineer I have decided to
abandon the whole C channel idea.  C channel is not much better than
flat-bar in torsional rigidity.  I'll be making a couple bars using
tubing, and evaluating them at Track Day North.

Later,

Mark.
75
82