From: Rick Kellner [mailto:rfkellner@snet.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2006 11:49 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: A quickie, firing order 16V

Cathy, I checked my Bentley for the 2.0l 16V motor in the hopes that if
there was a typo in the 1.8l book they would have fixed it by this one.
I can scan the page and send it to you too.
Here is the quote:
"... the cylinder firing order is 1-3-4-2 looking at the top of the
distributor cap, the wires go to the cylinders in counter clock wise
order."
Other notes which I am sure you know:
"Cylinder #1 is the one on the passenger side closest to the drive belt
cover."  And "the rotor points to the #1 terminal on the cap when #1
cylinder is near Top Dead Center (TDC)."

Rick.