Passat Auto TB

On 8/3/06, julie@menloparkrandd.com <julie@menloparkrandd.com> wrote:
> Actually the one I got had no cable connection, and the ones at home and in the yard didn't fit.
> If you can find one with TPS, I'd love it!

I just dealt with this yesterday.  I took an older style connector,
and the 16v auto Passat connector and hacked/spliced/welded them
together...

Turned out nice, and works perfectly.  I tried taking a pic of it just
now, but I have a problem with either my camera or rechargable
batteries, so no go...  If you superimpose the older connector below
the 16v one, you'll notice that the ball connector of the older one is
a bit in front of the other.  When you go to weld it all up, keep the
ball in the same position as on the older one - there is no
"wrap-around" guide w/ the older system, and pulling on the ball at
"2:00" vs. "12:00" will be easier w/ less stress on the parts...

If anyone wants me to do this for them (for those without welders),
just send me the two connector pieces, and I'll fabricate it for you
(no charge!)...

HTH,

Mark.
75