2.0 liter

On 7:07:44 pm 04/30/06 Timbo <timjmcconnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> this for the 8v or a 16v?
>
> Both are a different motor.
>
> for 8v - there is a 115HP 2.0 8v in the audi cars called the 3A, and a
> newer crossflow design 2.0 8v in the third generation cars from 92-99
> - this is calld the ABA, it also has 115HP.
>
> for the 16v, some high spec GTIs and Jetta GLIs came with them in the
> very early 90s, and the passat 16v is also a 2.0L. The 2.0 16v is good
> for 134HP @ 5800 RPM and 133 ft-lbs of torque. The engine code is 9A.
>
> --Timbo

And those numbers are manufacturer's engine hp numbers, which will be
higher than the same engine put on a chassis dyno with a drivetrain and
wheels attached. IIRC, you have a 16V, so any of those 16V 9A 2L bottoms
will work for you. You can also keep the 1.8 16V head and just do the
bottom end (short block), which is what I was just driving :) And for
confusion's sake, there is also a tranny coded 9A, so don't get that
sideways in the mix! I suppose you could bore to nearly that, but getting a
used block is certainly the more economical way to go.
Cathy, being presumptuous about your decision to keep a 16V lump in there :P