Anyone? why people should help each other...

Anyway, I did my best to answer John's 16V  questions, but in the process,
I found some really nasty wires on MY car. Two to the cold start injector
with about 1/8" of insulation missing, and a third was hanging by a single
wire, and the plug fell off it on the other when I went to remove it. I
think it's to the thermotime switch. This car has started well, except when
the battery wasn't hooked up securely. How in the hell does one strand of
wire even stay physically attached, much less conduct anything?
Wiring is such a mystery wrapped in an enigma, isn't it.

Anyways, thanks John, for having me look! I'd have never seen it otherwise.
Cathy