Anyone? 16V engine bay wiring- Really needs some questions answered...

DISCLAIMER: This is all according to my 16V, which may or may not be
correct. But it does run. Well, if I find a battery for it, it should....

> > 1. In the rain tray by the ignition control unit and the cis
> > computer, there is a plug (T3c) with
> >      BL/R, BL/Y and BL/G wires. I can't find where this should go.
> >  The contacts look way to
> >      clean to not be used, but maybe I'm wrong.

Mine appear to be hooked to air, and are covered with primer overspray. I
don't feel bad about them not being used when they look so awful. :)

> > 2. Coming from the engine computers' harnesses, just inside the
> > engine bay is a white plug
> >       with two wires, V/B and G.  I have no idea where this one
> > goes.

I don't even see that ine, I do have a two pronger up there that goes to
nothing, it's a test harness I'm guessing.

3.  Coolant sensor on the back of the head.  What does there?
> > I have no left over single
> >       connector wires.

Do you mean the one with the nail head type male connector? It's for oil
temp, and is in use on mine (a MFA car, it gives me the digital oil temp
readout), maybe yours doesn't have anything for it to do without the MFA?

> > 4.  Thermo time switch.  It ties to the transmission switch and
> > there are two plugs coming
> >       from them-but where do they go-to each other?

I'm thinking yes, maybe confirm that in the Bentley, but there is a two
plug in-line connection down there. It's awful hard to see though.

Speaking of
> >  the thermo time switch-
> >       One end of the vacuum line connects to the air boot but where
> >  is the other supposed to
> >       go?  It has never connected to anything as long as I've had
> >  it, but I figure it probably is
> >       supposed to go somewhere.

There are two, one goes off to a T connection and then to a whole snake's
nest of vaccuum lines. The other's just blocked off on a short length of
vaccuum hose.

So thanks eh? In the journey, I found not one, but TWO wires that have bare
copper peeking out. And are they easy to get to? Hell no....so there's
always something. It's good to find shaky wires before they leave you
stranded, mind you!
Cathy