My day, so far

Well, thanks for all the tips on what Klaus' problems are, many of those
things I had checked at least twice, maybe three times, buit it's always
good to get fresh ideas. One thing I had never done is the injector
quantity test as described in the 16V Bentley. So before breakfast I'd
lined up four nice clear Sleeman's bottles for the test, marked said
bottles at 20ml and 80mL lines (calibrated with a proper graduated
cylinder, no redneck measuring here). Then I constructed a nice wooden
rack, with appropriate cable ties to secure the beer bottles in place to
accept the four injectors. It is a work of art, if I do say so myself. And
more important, it will lay on top of the engine nicely.
So on to remove the injectors, I get my handy angled long handled needle
nosed pliers (you know, the ones you see on sale and wonder what the hell
you'll ever use them for?), and discover that I also need to remove the
Aux. air valve to get number four out. (Fox manifold issue). I very nearly
said screw it, but it was a good thing that I didn't. So at "just barely
squirting volume", all four are exactly identical, to the mL. At full out
spray, I get this: 92-92-92-68.
Hmmm. Swapped injector four with three, and get this: 64-64-64-48. Number
four comes up 25% off the pace again._*THIS*_might_just_be_the_problem. :)

So needless to say I'm happy. Hopefully I didn't cook anything in #4.  So
while I'm right in the middle of this, I get a call from the local "speed
shop", which also sells bread and lawnmowers. I'm expecting to hear that my
new tires are all mounted up on the Borbets, but no. He has a problem that
only I can solve. At least out here where pickups reign supreme. A fellow
from the city needs some round seated lugbolts. Though he offered me $10
for the three, I talked him down to five. He needed them for a Racing V, an
open wheeled air cooled car that was running up at the circuit track. I
guess he had to cut them off, but they saved his afternoon, and he came
back to show me the car. Pretty damned cool. I was his eigth stop looking
for lugs. Brand new Volvo wagon as a tow vehicle, back packed with rubber.
He asked me for my business card, too funny. Nope, chop shops don't usually
have those eh?....

In the meantime, Adam and I had been cleaning out the pole barn, lots of
junk, and let's just say there is much fun to be had with the big long
cardboard roll that carpet comes on, waste oil, and fire. :)

Yep, a good day for once, I sure needed one. Hopefully my beer bottle
diagnosis solved the problem. Time will tell eh? Better go see if I have
enough copper washers for another distributor swap.
Cathy