G grind cam questions

--- Mtl-Marc <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> As long as you have the 4-2 exhaust manifold, a
> mandrel bent exhaust, I'd
> say the same as with a 1.8 which is a few extra HP.
>
> FYI 1.8 JH motors are everywhere and cheap,
> sometimes even free, for 90 hp.
> Yeah, for sure you need garage space to swap the
> motor. Just my opinion.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Marc

I've done all my swaps in the driveway, because I have
no garage.

It can be done in a couple of hours at home but the
1st time you should have a few old hands around and
leave a weekend available to avoid a time crunch come
Monday morning.

btw, if you can get the G grind cheap then it'll be a
good start to other things like the dual downpipe
manifold mentioned before, also a free flowing
exhaust, etx. A bored out motor might benefit from the
swap but again the used 1.8 can be had with a big bang
for the buck.

TBerk