G grind cam questions

As long as you have the 4-2 exhaust manifold, a mandrel bent exhaust, I'd
say the same as with a 1.8 which is a few extra HP.

FYI 1.8 JH motors are everywhere and cheap, sometimes even free, for 90 hp.
Yeah, for sure you need garage space to swap the motor. Just my opinion.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'97 A4 Q