Buying a mint car from afar, I need help!

It's defintely worth it to avoid the headaches associated with bodywork...

If you could score 4-5 consecutive days off (including a weekend), my
suggestion would be trailer it back yourself. Or pay someone (cough...like
Mark...) to drive it out there. On the flip side, I would think $1000CDN should
be enough to get it shipped to you from Toronto...

G/L - JT

>    If any of you remember the mk1 I have in my garage, it's far from being
> finished, the body is the biggest thing left to do.  I live in Fort
> McMurray  where a body man or body shop is IMPOSSIBLE to get, most guys
> here would  rather be doing collision work.  My only option is Edmonton,
> which is 430kms  away.  I've been told I'm looking at about $3000 in body
> work alone, then  you gotta calculate in costs of me trailering it down
> there, staying the  night etc etc.
>
>    So yesterday I seen THIS
> http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2519431     car on the vortex.
> WOW, looks great, it's a little farther along then what I am on my car, and
>  I could likely swap all the parts over.  My biggest issue is shipping the
> car across Canada.  Is this gonna be expensive?
>
>    I'm thinking if I can get the car for $5000 shipped up here I'm doing
> good because any of the body shops around here have quoted me at at least
> $5000 and the car in Ontario has absolutely been done to a further extent
> of  what mine will be.
>
> Do you guys think its worth it?   Is it a major hassle to ship a car across
>  Canada?  for $1000?
>
> Here's a pic of my car in it's current stage for reference...
>
> http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/566000-
566999/566365_76_full.jpg