That Which Is Unholy

On Apr 21, 2006, at 7:18 PM, Eric Person wrote:

> Replace the 4 stupid german grade 2 allen head bolts on the crank
> pulley with some nice regular hex bolts.  Anti-seize is also nice.
> You probably will have to drill the heads off the allen head bolts
> if they are stripped out like they usually are.
>
> Eric

I fortunately got all the other bolts off all the other pulleys.
That was the only casualty, and I got damn lucky that after hacking
at it with the Dremel and then whacking it with the cold chisel, it
spun out.

| Jim Jarrett,McFarland, WI       94 Passat GLX                 |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net          81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |
|                                 88 Scirocco  16V              |