From: C Boyko [mailto:roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 1:43 PM
To: John Ringham
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: My Scirocco doesn't want to come out of winter hibernation
yet

On 3:36:16 pm 04/21/06 "John Ringham" <jrringha@adobe.com> wrote:
> Won't start. Normally when you first turn the key, the fuel system
> buzzes for a sec. Now it does nothing. I forget what to check, since I

> haven't spent much time with the car the last couple years. What to
> check? Fuel pump relay, fuses, fuel pump??

Assuming the battery's good...and there is fuel to pump...I'd be doing
my rounds of "wiggling", the fuel pump relay, check connections on the
critical stuff, like main grounds, wires to the battery itself (see that
terminal wires are snug) , the ignition coil wires, and the big fat ones
on the cap, starter wires, anything electrical that could completely
disable the car. Does it even try to crank? Cathy