Where's my oil going?

Would trying some of the ?Valvoline for high mileage
cars? type oil work to re-swell the seals, this prior
to actually replacing them.

Bad rings or seals leaking usually means smoke out the
tail pipe. Leaky valve guides (unless catastrophic
failure) doesn't seem to show up as a smoke screen out
the back.

TBerk
btw- I for one am _not_ putting WD40 *inside* my
motor, so there.