I hate cars!

"I was figuring that a head gasket would go slowly"

When the head gasket went on my '84, it was rather spectacular, in a
wierd way.  Driving down the interstate at 75, I hear a loud
WHOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH, while seeing a HUGE smokescreen of pure
white smoke out the back end.  It was oddly calm and peaceful, until I
got it towed home and tore the motor apart.  Total and complete carnage.
  Hole in the block, bent valves, busted rods, pistons seriously f'd up.

2 engines later (second motor died due to a bad oil cooler seal and a
malfunctioning oil pressure sender), and I sold it for next to nothing,
my dogma and its carma didn't mix, I guess.

Nate