From: Nate Mellom [mailto:doubt@inwave.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 12:29 AM
To: Scirocco list
Subject: Power steering....but not?

So I have a power steering pump, and a power steering fluid reservoir,
but, uh, no power steering.  It's been like this since I bought the car
in October last year.  The steering doesn't feel overly heavy, pretty
much feels like other non-PS VW's I've driven, but there are dead spots
occasionally when turning the wheel, nothing drastic, just
"not-quite-right".
Where should I start looking for problems?  The pump? Rack?  The
reservior is full of fluid.

Thanks!
Nate
'88 16v