From: Marc Getty [mailto:marc@getty.net]
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 10:25 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Cold Weather Question

So in 2 weeks my Scirocco and I should be in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Of
late
the weather of late has been 0 degrees F (-18C) during the day and -10 F
(-23) at night. Maybe it will be a little bit warmer by the first week
of
may, but maybe not.

Can anyone on the list share any potential problems I may have? I'll be
sure
to have a good battery, plenty of anti-freeze coolant, and some thin
oil.
What is the likelihood of my 8v turning over in the morning at such
temperatures? Are there any other things I should be wary of?

Oh, when below 40 degrees F and sitting cold for hours my Scirocco
ALWAYS
stalls after 3 to 5 seconds of running. I turn it back over and all is
well.
This has never been a problem because I know the solution to fix it
(restart). Anyone know if this is a bigger problem then it seems?

-Marc

'83 Volkswagen Scirocco California Edition
'84 Volkswagen GTI Pickup Truck
'87 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v