Running out of oil

--- sailingfc@dslextreme.com wrote:

> Has anyone noticed that Mobil 1 20W-50 is no
> longer on the shelves at Wal-Mart?  I am down
> to my last jug and decided to stop by to pick
> up a couple and WTF?  What am I going to
> use now?
<snip>
> Is Mobil 1 20W-50 gone for good?
> I guess I can try the 10W-30, but I'm thinking it
>  may be on the thin side.  I've always used
> 20W-50 on everything.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Dick-

It looks (from a quick look at Mobil's web site) they
aren't making the thick stuff anymore (Red Top). :[)

Seems like it would be a 'find it on the shelf and
that's it' kind of thing.

I have seen (at Costco of all places) Chevron Oil in a
15W-40 'synth' version, by the case. I think it's the
Delo stuff spece'd as useful for the new turbo and
maybe diesel VWs.

<http://www.chevrontexacodelo.com/en/products/engineoil/default.asp>

Any reason this stuff (while not an actual synthetic
oil) wouldn't serve?

Wait, wait; they _do_ make a synthetic:
<http://www.chevrontexacodelo.com/en/deloworldwide/uscanadamexico/default.asp#synthetic>

Oh poo, they only have it "Available in SAE 0W-30 and
5W-40 grades".

Oh well,
TBerk