Prep'n Engine - pulling pan and valve cover, what the change?

Thanks,

Looks like I need to scribe the number and orientation into the top before
I pull them, just to be safe.

I remember by brother installing a new cam in his Nissan truck and having
it seize when he tried to turn it over because the cam bound up.  Avoiding
that would be a good thing :)

Cory Langford
86 Roc turbo,
78 Roc turbo - RIP,