Prep'n Engine - pulling pan and valve cover, what the change?

Thanks,

What about the rod bearings then.  Is it worth it to just to simply
replace the bearings on spec (just because it is easy now)?  I am assuming
there is no special tools needed, just a torque wrench.

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - RIP,
'81S Roc,