From: Dan Bubb [mailto:jdbubb@verizon.net]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 1:55 PM
To: Timbo
Cc: Scirocco list
Subject: Re: Is this right?

In my experience a TPS needs three wires. It's just a variable resistor.
Measure the resistance between pins. The pair that resistance does not
change between as the throttle is opened and closed will be ground and
5V. The other one is signal.
Measure the resistance between the signal pin and one of the other pins.
If the resistance increases as the throttle is opened then that pin is
ground. If the resistance decreases then it's 5V.
When you hook it up to the MS you should see the TPS %open increase with
throttle opening, if not then ground and 5V should be reversed.
It won't hurt anything if it's hooked up wrong, but the MS needs the
voltage to increase with increasing throttle opening to work correctly.
Dan