Engine removed.

No hoist, not cross bar either.
With the wheels off and the car on floor jacks, I removed the front and rear mounts.
Then lowered the car to the floor. The engine oil pan rested on 2 cut 2X4's. Removed the 2 remaining mount bolts, then jacked the car up.
VOILA! (Thats french...)
I pulled the engine out past the wheel calipers and done.
It would have been a LOT easier with a hoist, but it worked.

Now to roll the car out of the garage to wash the engine bay.....

BTB. Engines with trannies attached are really bloody heavy.

Julie (now sore again, but satisfied!)