WAY OT .....need some advice from Bay area folks

sailingfc@dslextreme.com wrote:
> Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park,
> http://www.conservatoryofflowers.org/
>
> Ocean Beach, at the west end of Golden Gate Park
>
> Marina Green/Golden Gate Bridge
>
> Half Moon Bay, beaches, downtown, drive down US1 to Santa
> Cruz/Monterey/Carmel
>
> Santa Cruz
>
> Monterey Bay Fisherman's Wharf/Aquarium
>
> Carmel
>
> Have Fun.
>
> -Dick-
> 78 Scirocco
> Original Owner
> 95 Passat VR6
> Second Owner
>

> Michael Leach
>
>> I think my wife and I will be coming to the bay area for an extended
>> weekend in late
>> June.  I am looking for some tips on what kind of things we could
>> do.....especially more
>> of the out of the way romantic things.... alas this is not a VW related
>> adventure.
>>
>> And nothing too expensive....I have 4 kids at home ....they love to spend
>> my money!!
>>
>> I appreciate any help given.....
>>

>> Thanks

There is a cool fun park on the beach in Santa Cruz.  Nothing too
exciting, but it is pretty fun (and old, built sometime around the turn
of the century.

If you are on the wharf in San Fran., you HAVE to eat at the Fisherman's
Grotto #9 (IIRC, that is the name).  Great seafood, with a SF flair.

If you are in Carmel, there is a very neat and trendy set of shops near
the beach, I can't recall what they are called.  Ask around, and you
will find it.  So much there you could buy that I did not know
existed...  Carmel Valley Rd is neat and twisty if you are driving a 'roc...

Have fun!

David