Callaway Update

On 11:56:00 pm 04/06/06 "Chris Bennett" <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com> wrote:
> RIP Callaway Turbo, Sturgis South Dakota.
>
> There was a loud bang, a nice CLOUD of sparks from the exhaust, and
> fuel spraying all over the engine compartment.  I think it's a miracle
> I am not extra crispy right now.
>
> I don't know if they are related, cause and effect or what exactly.

It probably found out that the trip to Canada was really off. :)
They get like that. Klaus has a nice crisped line spewing gas onto the
exhaust once too, makes things pretty damned exciting. I'm glad you're
okay, hopefully the wife won't give you too much shit over it, and you can
get back to pick it up soon. Sounds like you found a good solution to an
impossible situation, dead cars far from home sure suck.

So, you've had pretty significant electrical stuff, and a fire. Congrats,
you are now REALLY in the club. Friggin MkIs, aren't they amazing?
Buy yourself a nice fire extinguisher, or two, and GL with the adventure.
Now seriously, won't you have some great stories to tell?

Cathy