From: Mike Smith [mailto:smithma7@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:31 PM
To: car
Subject: SOT: New job (finally), etc...

Started working as a courier on Tuesday for a company based in Bethesda, MD.
Using Red.  Love drivin' him but I hope I don't kill him.  I'm being nice to
him and not abusive at all.  Since starting, I've been to Baltimore twice
from DC and today I went from McLean, VA to Boonsboro, MD.  It's way out
there, let me tell ya!  About 60+ miles one way and I left McLean around
3:35.  Beltway and 270 with traffic all the way!  The trip back from
Baltimore today, before that run, Red was filled with 11 boxes of files.
Oi!  And while there, I was treated to a beautiful 13th floor view of the
Inner Harbor.  See this:
http://images.art.com/images/-/Mike-Smith/Baltimore-Inner-Harbor--C10041930.
jpegand
it is by pure coincidence that my name is in the URL as I just found this
pic using Google Image Search.  Weird randomness!  OH!  I was in the tall
building that's in the almost exact middle of the pic.

Other fun: Had to stop for an important motorcade yesterday.  Lots of cops
and black SUVs with mean looking guys staring out of the open rear hatch.
Saw about 4 or 5 Rolls Royces yesterday.  Chatted to a guy in a Ferrari 360
convertable today.  Fucking beautiful.  (The car, NOT the guy, Bennett.) He
politely declined my offer to race for pinks.  I think he knew what he was
up against.  :D

Finally, as I was pulling in to the final destination (a quarry), I noticed
they had a scale.  On the way out, I stopped on it.  With me and odds and
ends in the car, the read out was 2700 even.  Then to top it off, the
dispatcher told me that this last run was probably equivalent to almost 2
days pay running around in the city.

And Dan, the tire will be replaced very soon.

SC (Scirocco Content):  It's splashed around up there.  I love being able to
drive it all the time.  And rest assured that there will be a portion put
aside for Red from every paycheck.  As I tell him "If you help me work, you
get new parts."  I think he's listening (for the time being).

--
Mike
'86 red 16v (der Jahrtausendfeierfalke)