wanna head job

--- "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> 1) are all p&p created equal?

No way, no how.

> 2) will the valves be adjusted properly or is that something i'll have
> to do myself?

If hydraulic valves, you're OK  :)  One would think any rebuilder should set the valve lash for
you as part of the rebuild.

> 3) is there a price that i should be looking at?

You're into several hundred dollars easily.

> 4) the p.o. stripped a spark plug hole and slipped an insert in. it
> keeps the spark plug about 1/2" higher than the others. can this be fixed?

Yes, see Jim Jarrett's signature.
If you need an 8V head rebuilt and you already have broken studs and a stripped plug hole, find a
different head and have it done, then just swap it on.  I'd helicoil all the exhaust stud holes as
part of the rebuild.

> 5) am i missing anything else?
There's a guy here in Cincy called Weinle, I hear he's done a few...ask Benny.

G/L

Herr Cheapass