Do I need tool VW-558 to get the pressure plate

If you rotate the engine so you're pulling on your wrench handle
nearly straight through the center of the crankshaft, you can break
the bolts loose.  It's tough to describe, but easier to demonstrate.

Normally, turning the wrench will also turn the engine.  There is a
sweet spot where the torque goes to the bolt without turning the
engine.  It takes some finesse, but those flywheel bolts are not too
tight.

(PS - an impact wrench will spin them right out)

Dan Brideau
type53.com