Block Swap

On 4/2/06, Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@gmail.com> wrote:
> She fired up on the first turn of the key at 6:30pm.  Went for test drive
> and clutch slips badly:(  It looked to be in good condition when
> disassembled and reassembled with plenty of brake parts cleaner.  I guess
> things are not always as they appear.  Crappy thing is I had a new clutch
> disk and PP 30 steps away.  Round 2 next weekend.

Gordy,

It's possible that the brake cleaner on the clutch disc hasn't fully
dried/evaporated.  I recently went through a clutch replacement fiasco
(incompatible parts), and had to clean the oiled-down disc w/ some
brake cleaner and reassemble everything to get it out of the (out of
town) shop and back home.  It slipped pretty bad for a few days, but
now is working fine...  Drive it as much as you can this week, get
some heat into it, and hopefully it'll be alright by next weekend...

HTH,

Mark.
75
82