Seat swapping

While my 88's seats are out being restored, I have to take the driver's seat out of the 85 to move the car.  I have an extra front seat, but it's a passenger side.  The front part of the "T" track doesn't want to go into the receiver in the floor.  I haven't looked at it too closely, but did struggle with it for a bit, with no success.

Now I really need to move the car, but need to keep a seat in each of the two cars.  Has anyone been able to fit a passenger seat to the driver's side?  I know the seatbelt catch will be on the wrong side, but no big deal.

Thanks.
Jim