idle screw

I didn't have any luck finding a new one myself. I just wanted to replace
mine because the o-ring had worn down and the screw kept backing out and
wasn't working right. Following advice from the list I've bought every size
o-ring that's even remotely close to the size. But I never found one that
worked well. I found one that worked ok. Basically, I could have
accomplished the same thing with loc-tite though. So if you do find a source
of either idle screws or correctly sized o-rings in your quest I'd be
interested in the solution! So I guess my advice is to find a junk yard idle
screw and buy up all the o-rings in your local hardware store and start
playing around with combos. In the meantime, anything that plugs the hole
will help. Some duct tape with a small hole will probably do ok until the
hole gets too big. We got a friends car home from a hundred or so miles away
with a folded over piece of hose just jammed in there.

Thanks and HTH,
matt.