Arrrr-gzilliary air valve, the finale (maybe)

So tonight's exercise was to replumb and test drive the MkIs AAV. I set the
idle way high as previous reversal of hose direction meant the car wouldn't
run at all, and proceeded with the all too familiar dissassembly. I can
honestly say I can remove and reinstall this valve in the dark with my eyes
closed, since I did it that way once. Over gravel. Without dropping any
fasteners.

So where did I get the pipelines to this thing? Well, as luck would have
it, the dealer has parts for Foxes, who woulda thunk? :) Fitment required
some tweaking/McGyver support methods, as the one hose hit the moving parts
of the throttle body, not likley good for either throttle response or wear
on the hose. And the hose to the boot didn't work at all, so it's going
back.

So this valve has 100% new electrical to and from the battery/fusebox, has
been bench tested and closes, and now has new plumbing. What in the hell
more could it want?

So did it work? So far, it seems to. Finally, squeezing the hose hot gives
no perceptible change in rpm. Idle at 1000 hot or cold. So mix will get set
tomorrow, and let the speeding tickets begin? I still need to double check
for leaks, the vaccuum guage (or "anti-boost guage" as I call it) isn't as
rock steady as it has been. But progress has been made.

Oh, I'm just completely nuts about this car, I just love driving it.

Synchronicity content:
So yesterday I got home from having a new PS front wheel bearing put on the
Bug. One would think that "other black diesels" might be watching, but
since the Valdez was up on jackstands for something else already, I figured
we were safe. So the son comes home, finishes installing his motor mount,
and says, as he often does, "Is this normal?" and proceeds to demonstrate
the wobbliness of his PS front wheel/hub assembly. Yep, he needs a wheel
bearing. I just laughed. In a maniacal manner...friggin VWs.

Cathy
"A day without VW parts is like a day without sunshine"