The saga of the 85....on the road again.

I made my CIS -E harness from some wire multimeter leads from Radio Shack
and some connectors I had around here, the tricky thing to find is the two
prong male end as the two prong female plug generally plugs into a device,
not into another plug. The female ends are all over the place, easy to find
those. So then you just have to hook the meter up in series with the
circuit and read the milliamps. It should fluctuate. From memory, 10 is
lean, 5 is rich, (which on my meter means it's swinging from 4.5 to 5.5 and
the average is 5, you know?) and you have to decide where to tune between
there. And you can also check your O2 sensor's voltage to see that a)it's
working well, and b) the mix is somewhere near where you want it to be.

The car needs to be hot, and rev it a few times (with the Allen key out) to
"clear out the cobwebs" as one book I read put it. (I suspect what you're
really doing is waiting for the O2 sensor to adjust to the revised mix).
The comes the best part, the test drive, and then check it again to see if
it really settled where you think (hope) it did. repeat and rinse as
needed.

Oh, if you know where there's a scrap MkI, the elusive male plug can be
found connecting the front corner markers.....GL.

Cathy