Electrical question - starting and temp guage

.

I noticed also this morning that the oil temp guage in the console was bouncing around
wildly and seemed to peg out at max when I increased the rpm.

Any ideas on where to start looking.

Thanks in advance
Ed 81'S

I dont know what to tell you about the rough running as it could be a plethora of things, but start with the easy tune up stuff and checks prior to trowing money at the car.

As far as the gauge, It sounds to me that it is disconnected from the sensor, thus causing a short if the wire is off the connector and just bouncing around in the engine bay it will do some of the things you mentioned. Look for the connection to your oil sensor and see that it is attached properly.

HTH

El Tony

Yahoo! for Good