From: scirocco-l-bounces+rfkellner=snet.net@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+rfkellner=snet.net@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of
C Boyko
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 4:33 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Idle question, don't delete me please...(Fox manifold/8V)

Okay, you may or may not know or care that I'm having issues with my 8V.
This is a JH/RD, with a Fox intake manifold. I'm sure wsomeone can help,
so
just take the effort to type it, no matter how annoying you find me,
thanks, eh?
SO the latest, I can get it to idle smoothly at 1000ish hot or cold, but
once on a while, it just will not stay running when I come up to a stop.
Especially when it's realy warmed up. So what gives?

I can't imagine it's an electrical issue, but suggestions of what to
check
there are welcome, you can do it off list if you like.

AAV has been bench tested and closes visually in 2.5 minutes when hooked
12V, and there is 13+getting to it at the plug on the car. But squeezing
the hose to it still drops the idle some when hot.

So it's a Fox manifold. Anyone with a Fox manifold? I'd like to know how
the valve sits on yours and if the airflow is backwards to what a normal
8V
AAV would see (mine is).  Here's how my plumbing goes:
Intake manifold --> valve back/bottom end, not the end with the plug-->
through valve to end with plug-->to air boot T fitting. The valve sits
angled with the plug end up/forwards. I wouldn't have thought it would
make
any difference, but I tried mounting the valve the other way around
(which
reverses the plumbing so airflow goes the "normal" way), and the car
woudn't even stay running cold with it that way around. Obviously
direction
does make a difference, so I'd like to know what way around is normal
for
that manifold.

Mixture is way off, I know that, it'll go for another round of gas
anaylysis Thursday, friggin CIS doesn't give you any feedback other than
running poorly. I'm sure it's way rich.

Sorry for the long post, but you know what? I've been a fucking
cheerleader
for these cars, and have really worked at getting this one running
right.
For over a year. I need help. Help me, even if it's only a small piece
of
the puzzle. Thanks. <add in frustrated tone of voice>

Fox people...let me know the path, For example intake manifold ->> plug
end
of valve-->boot  , with the plug end angled up...I really want to know
what's correct.

Again, thanks. Sorry to be so grumpy. but it's pissing me off.

Cathy