Cheap catalytic converter and down pipe

I mentioned earlier this week that my 87 16V failed emissions.  I have
great hopes that the car is running lean and will only need mixture and
timing adjustments.  I checked for vacuum leaks with some ether and did
not find any.  I bit the bullet and made an appointment with my local vw
guru.  He has been working on VWs for 30+ years and does fantastic work.

Just in case I did some searching for a cheap cat and came across this
converter and down pipe combination for $160.  I am not professing any
performance qualities, only cheap qualities.  Rick.

http://www.pitstopautoparts.com/catalytic/part.php?partid=677
<http://www.pitstopautoparts.com/catalytic/part.php?partid=677&year=1987