OT: How to rip and burn favorite episodes from a DVD

One more thing: that software my brother-in-law uses, it compresses the DVD
files so that they will all fit on a standard 4.7gb dvd. He says that you
can also leave things out of the copy; ie: subtitles/languages you don't
speak/understand, previews of other movies, etc. He loves it.