unsolicited chases and offers

No real point to this post, but just sharing an incident.
so i just got back from a little drive around town...you know...trying
to get as much Mk1 cockpit time before the end of the season (sniff).
Even though it's getting dark, i start to notice that this boat of an SUV
is following me around, however, it's black and has very dark tinted
windows...so I start to wonder if I'm on some other list I don't want to
be on. So I decide to lose the guy and backtrack, do a few turns ....I
eventually park in front of my place, but sure enough this guy surprises
me and pulls up...and the first thing out of his mouth..is
your car for sale?!?!?!  Anyhow, I thought that's a bit pushy....not even,
cool rocc, etc.. turns out not to be a vw nut..but had a buddy in Edmonton
with a mint one, etc.etc.. claims he's been looking for a chassis to soup
up and race, loves the look, heard they were fun ... Anyhow, he was
very pushy, but def. not for sale unless I had to move far far away.
does this happen to any of you??? I guess you know you've got a rare
and good looking car when............
I've been chatted up about the Mk1 a lot (10x more than the Mk2, and
both are in similar condition), but this is the first time I've been
followed around town.