performance upgrade recommendations (for tow vehicles)

On 9/6/05, David L. Winchell, II <davidwinchell2@sprynet.com> wrote:

> Which begs the question to those of us interested, when are you going
> into production with your awesome tow dolly that we all foamed at the
> mouth over at Cincy.  IIRC there were at least 5 of us willing to pony
> up dead presidents for the acquisition. I have spent way too much money
> over the past three years on U-Haul dollies and would like to have
> something capable of moving at least one of these out of here when we
> get out next hurricane in Charleston.

I have never really considered building these dollies to sell, since I
don't believe there is a market out there for it - not to mention the
cost of building it is quite high, so the profit margin would have to
be very slim...  The brake hardware is expensive, and aluminum ain't
cheap either...

That said, I would consider selling my prototype dolly now though (for
less than I have in it)!  I have a few ideas to make the next version
dolly a bit more user friendly, and also have a plan worked out for an
adjustable/foldable single axle trailer that I'd love to build, but
the funds would have to come from selling MardakDolly V1.1 ...

If anyone is interested in buying my prototype, the highest bid over
$1000 U.S. gets it...

Later,

Mark.
75