performance upgrade recommendations (for tow vehicles)

My advice to anyone contemplating towing with your Scirocco - make sure
you have trailer brakes.  I towed a u-haul dolly w/ a 75 Scirocco on it,
and it was a very scary trip.  It's (sorta) fine around town, but if I
had to haul it down at highway speeds in a hurry, it would have been a
mess...  After that experience I designed and built my collapsible
electric braked dolly - magnitudes safer than the u-haul dolly...

Later,

Mark.
75
80 S
86
90 Audi Coupe Quattro - 10vt

Which begs the question to those of us interested, when are you going
into production with your awesome tow dolly that we all foamed at the
mouth over at Cincy.  IIRC there were at least 5 of us willing to pony
up dead presidents for the acquisition. I have spent way too much money
over the past three years on U-Haul dollies and would like to have
something capable of moving at least one of these out of here when we
get out next hurricane in Charleston.

BTW, Watching the weather daily this time of year.

Dave

David L. Winchell, II
DavidWinchell2@sprynet.com
87 2.0L 16V Scirocco
86 8V Scirocco (Soon to be out of the drive way into its new home)
84 Scirocco BBS Turbo
80 Scirocco S
01 V6 Galant
00 Silverado