PS rubber boot - $50! WTF!

On 9/6/05, Marc Getty <marc@getty.net> wrote:
> Mk2 Mark wrote:
> > Spewey found one for $6.81 from
> > <http://www.eurowebparts.com/>, but it
> > doesn't look like they ship to Canada...
>
> We seriously need an underground Scirocco railroad for this kind of stuff.
> Too bad almost everyone cleared out of update NY, at least the western part,
> that could ferry parts cross to Hockeyland.

It sucks for us Canadians - there just isn't the aftermarket
availability of A1 VW parts at a reasonable price.  Any tuner-type
shops here put the usual 100% markup on pretty much anything
performance related, and other than AutoCamping, there aren't really
any discount dealer-type outlets here (like <www.germanautoparts.com>
or <www.parts4vws.com>).  It's still WAY cheaper for us to order stuff
from the U.S., but on a single item (like a boot) it doesn't always
make sense...

I ended up finding one through AutoCamping (list $65, jobber $20).  My
mechanic friend ordered one for me, so I should have it in time for
the safety inspection tomorrow...

Later,

Mark.
75