Tire opinions

So.

I need tires.  Eight of them.  For 2 cars.  ARGH.

I need tires for the Passat, soon.  Right now, it's wearing Dunlop SP5000's,
which I have been pleased with; I've had SP8000 on my previous Passat, and
these did well in the (much milder) winters here in Wisconsin (versus
upstate NY).

First, I'm thinking I will get 205/55-15's vs. the stock 215/50-15's, since
there are more choices, and it only introduces a 1.8% error (I had done this
before on my '93).

Second, I am looking at either the SP5000's again -- which the Tire Rack
rates as WR vs the ZR rating on my tires now, wtf?  Or, the Pirelli P6 Four
Season High performance all-season.

The Potenza G009 also looks good; has a higher snow traction rating.

For the convertible, I need some nice, Z-rated 195/150-15's.  Those, I will
probably wait until the spring to get.  I've had Pirelli P-700Z's on it, and
they are about worn.  I've liked those, but I don't see them any more.

So:  Opinions?

| Jim Jarrett,McFarland, WI      '94 Passat GLX                 |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '86 Scirocco                   |
|                                '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |