From: "Mark F." <mk1mark@gmail.com>
To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:27 PM
Subject: Mk2 moonroof operation question

Hey list,

I'm going through the 86 that I picked up from Philly this past weekend, and
it seems like the moonroof doesn't work like I remember them working (I'm a
little foggy on Mk2 stuff though - it's been a while)...

I can only crank it one way - it'll go about 3 turns (roof sliding to the
rear), and then I have to push the button to go further. Same thing happens
on the way back, but three turns from closing. Didn't these things flip up
at the back if you turned them one way (approximately 3 crank turns), and
slide back if you turned the crank the other way?

Also, the rear of the moonroof has the paint scratched off on both sides
(about a 2" section on each side). Something ain't right...

Are the moonroof seals still available?

Thanks!

Mark.
75