[ot] mk2 td jetta

   my dad is looking for a possible future replacement for his carb'd
rabbit which, in true rabbit form, is slowly returning to the earth.
that said, a guy came into work the other day wanting to sell his '85
turbo diesel jetta. he's only asking $500 for it simply because he
doesn't want to pay to put an alternator belt on (wtf?). at any rate, my
dad is possibly interested but, being an a2, i was wondering what i
should look for on this car. push comes to shove, i might have to find a
decent scirocco body to the engine in. input is appreciated. thanx.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com