Re: 20.8 KM N�rburgring in 6 Min 55 Sec + Video

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Fry" <rocco16@sbcglobal.net>
To: "Anson Clement" <ansonivan@yahoo.com>; <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>

> Building your own engine (even using readily available parts) and
utilizing
> a custom transmission (THAT should be cheap) sounds more like a
> 'let's-see-if-we-can-do-it" than an exercise in bang/buck efficiency.

How do you figure?  This thing has been kicking ass all over the European
continent.

> Horsepower-per-dollar is always highest if you don't have to do the
> development work.
> Larry
> sandiego16v

The proof is in the pudding, from what I have read, few have beat them.
That means that apparently they have held up to the races they were in.  IE,
they confirmed they were capable of completing the task they were designed
for.  Racing may begin on a chalk board, but it sure as hell does not finish
there, man.

David

PS-- How does anyone here have any clue the amount of R&D this company has
put into this?  What computations they have gone through to arrive where
they are now?  What number of degrees the designers involved have, and how
much they really know?